Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


How can we tell Christmas is almost here? Well besides the cold and snow outside, on the inside, our "skinny tree" (not to be confused with "skinny jeans") is up and our halls our decked. No help from Carter this year. He had his friend over all day so they took no part in any holiday prep.

Hubby and I went to Stevens Point to shop this afternoon. First he needed an office chair. Then I said I wanted to "look" in a few stores for some gifts. You know what you don't do when it's less than 3 weeks 'til Christmas? LOOK. You gotta know exactly what you want, find it, buy it and get out of there. Crowds and lines were insane today so I said, "Forget it. We're going home and I am ordering something online!"

And that's what I did. Well, AFTER we stopped at DQ in Point for a Candy Cane Blizzard.

With the late Thanksgiving this year, I am feeling behind on everything. So when we got home, I started in on designing some sort of Christmas card or letter-type creation. I feel like I've already used up my creativity in previous years so we'll see how this one flies.

I did take a break after supper to watch one of my DVR'd Christmas movies. Hey, it's beginning to look like Christmas everywhere else, so I might as well jump in (or onto the couch) and feel the spirit!

Fa-la-la-la-la!



No comments: