Monday, December 30, 2013

Black Monday

Black Monday: The first Monday after regular season football when the undesirable coaches get the boot. (Today that included the Vikings coach!)

Black Monday: Also that first Monday after Christmas when you realize you still have 15 un-watched Christmas movies DVR'd and only 3 days of vacation left!

Judging by our high temperature of zero today -- yes, you read that right -- it would have been the perfect day to knock off at least 4 of those movies. But so far, I've only watched one.

Our plan today was to have a tasty Butter Braid for breakfast. But the house was so cold overnight that the dough didn't even rise! So now we'll have that tomorrow instead. My other plan was to meet someone in Point to drop off some items I'm selling. That fell through when the customer's vehicle didn't start.

Since I'd already asked Carter go there with me, we stuck to that part of the plan. And went as far as Plover anyway. Stopped at Best Buy so he could buy a CD, then I got some photo organizer boxes at Staples, then Carter got a haircut at Sports Clips. First time there. Quite the wait since it was "lunch hour" for most people, but they did a fine job filling in while his regular "hair artist" here in town is on vacation.

After that, we popped into Starbucks next door and walked out with two hot holiday lattes for just under 10 bucks. Ouch. No wonder I only go there once in a blue moon. Or longer.

I let Carter drive home so he could get some Freeway experience. He did just fine. Got home and played some cards, then made some treats for New Year's Eve and finally filed some photos in those new organizers.

Then and only then did I finally sit down to watch one of my Hallmark movies. It was good (of course) and I may even sneak in one more this evening since I can sleep in tomorrow. I am getting pretty good at that.

I will have to improve my movie-watching skills, though. I need to up my daily average if I am going to see them all before they are automatically erased for something new.

Which I'm sure would never be as emotionally entertaining, would it?



No comments: