Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snow Place Like Home

It was quite fortunate I had already planned to work from home today. I picked a good one.

Overnight, snow, sleet and "what have you" fell and coated the roadways with the wet, slippery, slushy stuff. It guess it was pretty hazardous driving this morning and now it is repeating itself this evening.

In between, the temperatures warmed above freezing so the roads weren't so bad when I went into town shortly after 11 a.m. for my church committee meeting. I hear tomorrow will go the same way: Cold and slippery in the morning, then warming up enough to change the precipitation to rain -- which I hope doesn't freeze before I head home!

Welcome to winter, I guess!

I spent the morning digging out of email while hubby dug out the snow. It felt weird to be back at work but not AT work. It's pretty pathetic that after 6 days out of the office, I couldn't remember what I was working on right before I left. But I can tell you the plot of at least 8 Hallmark Christmas movies.

In detail!

Need to switch gears so I can have a productive month and finish up the year with my use-it-or-lose-it block of vacation. Somewhere in there, I do have a few personal projects to get done, too -- most pressing being the annual Christmas card or letter or "creation." We did get a family picture or two taken for church so I could possibly use that.


Here's one of just Jim and me. I took a picture of a picture in a frame. So then it's legal, right? Unfortunately, with all the copyright laws out there, I will have to find some alternatives. There is a nice one of the three of us, too. That one I might just have to scan in and risk arrest.

But you didn't hear that from me!

I'll figure out something in between work fun and driving fun. And I'm sure, just like this weather, you'll love it!


No comments: