Thursday, December 26, 2013

Long Winter's Nap

I love mornings when I wake up, realize I am not due back at the office for a WEEK, roll over and go back to sleep!

I can't even brag about staying in bed past 8 when Carter slept in until noon today. And I don't think he would have gotten up then if I hadn't nudged him -- which I had been doing on the hour since 10 a.m. I just didn't want his sleep schedule off kilter when he goes back to school.

I guess we both have a week to screw it up -- and enjoy it!

Maybe we could learn from Sylvester...


She loves Christmas. All gift boxes become new places to nap -- with or without her blankie. She's so cute when she hides from the camera (like Carter does)! She's probably sick of having so many people in the house by now. Between Christmas Eve and Day and now today with Carter having a friend over, she just finds a soft place to hide... and nap.

Hubby escaped awhile to have lunch with some of the guys. I squeezed in a Hallmark movie while he was gone. I think I still have about 10 or so DVR'd that I will have to get to in the next week.

Now Jim has the upstairs TV and Carter and his buddy have the basement. I should probably go for a walk or something before I put on the Festive Five pounds this vacation.

Or I could just find a soft place to hide... and take a long winter's nap!

Hmmm... What would Sylvester do?


No comments: