Friday, December 27, 2013

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

The temps got into the high 20s/low 30s today. In Wisconsin, that means it's "warm" out!

So I got off my lazy backside and actually took a walk today. I took my phone with me to play Christmas music and make it a "photo walk" if I could capture a few images of winter. I will admit, it IS pretty when I don't have drive in it!

Here are a few of the images. I might have to do this again with my "good camera," but these give you a general idea of our central Wisconsin winter wonderland, where I heard we have gotten snow every day of December and up to 20 inches total already.


The old barn around the bend. I think it is held up mainly by all the hay bales inside. It always seems like I could knock it right over with a simple push of one finger. Sure has character, though!

I think this birdhouse could use a roof rake! We actually bought one today and Carter assembled it, then helped Dad rake the snow off our roof and blow snow (again).


Beautiful Blue Jay Drive! Our home sits up ahead, around the curve and on the right. This looks pretty but I can tell you that with the tall trees and the shadows, this little section of the road will be snow- and ice-covered and slippery until spring.


All the snow is piling high and weighing heavily on the pine branches.


Today, with some wind and warmer temps, I saw quite of bit of it letting loose!


Got home in time to see Carter playing fetch with the next-door-neighbor's dog Murphy. Murphy would actually run out and fetch the snowball but had quite the challenge carrying it back. It was so cute!


You can see why Mr. Adorable is the most popular guy in the neighborhood. And he doesn't even know how to operate a snowblower!


Royal Pride for every season. I'll be curious to see if we get so much snow this winter that this sign gets covered. I hope not. Or if it does come, it's only on days I don't HAVE to drive to the office. Wishful thinking.

I did venture out today. Had to go to Wal-Mart for a few quick groceries. Later, we took Carter to a friend's and we went out to eat at The Ridges -- where we could check his work schedule for January. Good excuse!

Jim's parents stopped this evening to look at our tree and dismal decorations. I really didn't go all out this year in the house (or outside), but it still feels like Christmas.

And, as long as I have recorded movies yet to view, it still will be!


No comments: