Monday, December 2, 2013

Mellow Monday

Mondays have earned a bad reputation and I think I know why. Typically they bring stress at work and this immediate feeling of "I'm so behind after the weekend" and "I have so much to do" and "Friday will never get here."

They are rarely like the one I had today.

Of course, I had to take a vacation day to experience the difference. And, more importantly, I had to choose to not try and see how MUCH I could get done today, but rather how LITTLE. I really had to force myself to mellow out.

And it was worth it.

I slept in until almost 8 and awoke to hubby holding a steaming cup of Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino for he. He got it in town after taking Carter to school. After that, I had cereal with eggnog again. I didn't actually plan it that we were out of milk, but I can't think of a convincing argument for you to believe that. It was tasty.

I did do some organizing in my office a little bit, just knowing my Christmas gift was going to arrive this week. Well it arrived at 10 a.m. today! I am now blogging from my new iMac computer with all the bells and whistles needed for my extra curricular creative activities. It's awesome. Everything was set up for me so I just had to plug it in and turn it on.

There seems to be a pattern of none of us waiting until Christmas morning to open our "gifts." We should nip that in the bud. But that would mean I have to put the cute boots I wore today back in the box, too. Not going to happen.

After my quick computer setup, hubby took a lunch break and treated me to el Mezcal. Good food and great company.

We parted ways after that. I went over to my BFF's house since she had the afternoon off. It was BYOB -- bring your own blanket! We reclined on our separate couches and managed to squeeze in two Christmas movies before I had to leave to pick up Carter from school.

We're pretty good when we're on a mission! She challenged me to not "work" and squeeze in one more Hallmark movie from my own couch. Although I kept thinking of all the work I should get to after a day off, I was determined for once to stick to a plan. Keep the day lazy. Keep the day mellow. And watch another holiday flick.

Now, rumor has it I might even get a massage before bedtime. Seriously, Monday, why can't you always be like this?

I tried something new today. You can, too!




No comments: