Monday, December 23, 2013

Stay-cation Time!


When I woke up to this pretty sight, I was so glad I could admire it from the bedroom window and did not have to venture out in it for a white and wicked commute. There is something to be said for "stay"-cations!

While technically off until next year, I did have some projects that had to be wrapped up today so I was working a few hours. I think I should be good now -- until at least after Christmas.

Of course, by working I got out of snowblowing and shoveling. But at the rate this winter is going, I am sure I have not used up all my chances.

By mid-afternoon I HAD to venture out to get some last-minute groceries for Christmas Eve and Day, plus a gift at a certain place in town. When I was grabbing groceries, though, it dawned on me I hadn't purchased anything -- at all -- for stocking stuffers for the boys. Among the Christmas candy selection, there was only one plastic candy cane with Reese's peanut butter cups in it. Only one. So I decided I would help Santa stuff that one in MY stocking -- and got other things for the boys.

I don't know how that slipped my mind. It's not like I've been busy.

Between work, some office cleaning and shopping, I hadn't had a chance to sit down and watch any Christmas movies. So I challenged hubby to game of cards (3 to 13) to see who would win TV rights for the night. I lost the first game and he gave me another chance. I lost the second game by an even bigger margin. I gave up but he took pity on me and I got one movie in.

Everyone wins when we're on vacation!


No comments: