Saturday, December 14, 2013

Food Pyramid


The food pyramid around our house is pretty out of whack. At the popular bird feeder, for instance, the beautiful cardinals and chickadees eat the seeds. And whatever they drop onto the snow-covered ground it gobbled up by squirrels who are starting to look fatter than our cat!

How much do we really need to fatten up for winter??

Then there's the folks like me who, for example, eat buttered popcorn for breakfast. OK, just this once. Our church was sponsoring a free showing of the new Disney movie Frozen. So another mother of kids too old to go and I had a 10 a.m. movie date. Never had popcorn for breakfast before but it wasn't bad. As for the movie, it didn't quite live up to its hype. In my humble opinion. Don't want to spoil it. Still a cute movie. Just wasn't one of my "immediate" favorites.

We had homemade chicken soup courtesy of Chef Jim for lunch, then went out for Chinese for supper. I realized later that I hadn't had any "Christmas moments" today. So I watched a Lifetime holiday movie this time... while eating some Peppermint ice cream.

Might as well run up and down both sides of the food pyramid. I can't promise I'll stay on the healthy side of it for long.... what with the leftover soup, sesame chicken and extra cartons of Schwan's Peppermint Stick ice cream on hand.

And don't forget the high-fiber birdseed. Get it before you have to wrestle it out of some squirrely character's paw.

No comments: