Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hot Spot

If you were looking for a "hot spot" to take the sub-zero chill off, we found it.

Now if these were the horse-and-buggy days, there's no way we'd hop in a sleigh and brave a 60-plus mile trip in well below-zero wind chills just for giggles. But since we have reliable car with HEAT we ventured up to Merrill to watch our Lady Royals play hoops.

We anticipated a pretty decent match-up between our Division 4 defending state champs and this larger, Division 2 school. And it was.

We got the lead early and never lost it. At times it got close, but our HOT defense is so scrappy, we held our own. We ended up winning 43-25... improving our early season record to 4-0.

It's fun to see some of Carter's classmates starting varsity (and coming off the bench) and doing well. I have plenty of "adopted" girls now to give me my "daughter" fix. And they rock!

I guess our boys team, also playing on the road, did not fare as well and took a loss. Better luck next time.

Got home after 10 so I am waiting patiently for my mattress pad to warm up the bed. I can stay up past bedtime tonight, though. I am taking another use-or-lose vacation day tomorrow and it is not supposed to even reach zero degrees. Hold the calls. I may stay in that warm bed all day.

But then, no Christmas letters would get stuffed in cards and eventually sent. And no Hallmark movies could be watched.

It may be time to dig out my warm, fuzzy, footed jammies for the day. Sounds like that will be tomorrow's "hot spot." And I won't even have to leave the house to find it!



No comments: