Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hump Day Headliners

Crunch Time: In the hopes of having the last 10 days of the year off, I am in major crunch mode -- and that does not include any cookies I am munching on! My plan is to get 3 weeks' worth of work done in 1 week. I have done this before when the incentive is right. And I'm pretty sure down time during the holidays ranks as right as right can be. I am doing great. If tomorrow is as productive as the first 3 days of this week have been, I might even get to use one of my "hate to lose" vacation days on Friday. We'll see. Fingers crossed. Mouth crunching. I mean MIND crunching!

Pre-emptive Strike: Speaking of crunching and grazing... I found my way back to the fitness center today. In my mixed up mind, I am thinking this is a pre-emptive strike. Burning off those first major calories before I start consuming them this weekend. Hmm... It probably won't help with any holiday weight management, but I can feel it easing my guilt already. The question is: Do you think one day will do it or should I go back tomorrow, too?


Bringing in a Ringer: Rang the Red Kettle bell for my third and final time tonight. I had Carter with me again. Compared to last week's wind and sub-zero temperatures, this evening's 28 degrees felt like spring! We could see everyone was enjoying it. More store traffic and more donations! One woman put a buck in the bucket and then gave Carter a folded five-dollar bill. "This is just for you," she said. "There's no way in the world I could get MY teenager to do this!" Very nice. Proud mom moment!

Early to Bed...: I am knocking off early tonight. Have gotten to bed way past my bedtime all week. Which means I have had no time to read any Christmas books in bed. Want to get some read before the weekend. Would hate to spend my vacation laying around doing nothing but watching movies and reading ... said no one. Ever. Better get on that!!

G'nite!

No comments: