Sunday, December 29, 2013

Really Chillin' Out

You know you're in Wisconsin when yesterday was practically shorts weather and right now, a nice minus 4-- feeling like 21 below zero.

In other words, I stayed put today.

The cold weather was part of the reason. The cold I am experiencing is another. I feel like I am in one of those commercials where the poor cold sufferer is being chased by a big, ugly mucous monster! Yuck. I am better than when I awoke -- thanks to Sudafed, Emergen-C, hot tea and whatever else I thought to take today. I am hoping it all drains away (like magic in the commercials) so I can sleep well tonight.

Buried deep under the warm covers and laying on the very warm mattress pad. No need to chill out 24/7.

I did chill out / relax today. Did a little housework and some treat-making, but then watched some football, trying to catch highlights of the Vikings game since they were not airing it here.


And the won! Their last game ever at the Metrodome. Glad they went out on a high note.

I have a lot of memories from the Dome, starting with a lot of Twins games in the '80s -- especially on weekends they played at home while I was a camp counselor at Luther Point. We made a lot of trips down to catch a game and wave hello to Kirby Puckett. Fun times. ... And ending with games there throughout Carter's childhood.

Despite this season, I have enjoyed quite a few Vikings games there, too, with friends, hubby and the boys. You can call us wimps for watching football "indoors," but when it's minus 4 degrees (with -21 windchill), I kind of am!

And I am not ashamed. SKOL!



No comments: