Monday, December 16, 2013

White Christmas


I can't remember the last time I woke up and it hadn't snowed -- at least a "dusting" -- while I was sleeping.

I can't remember the last time the temperatures (especially with the windchill) were in the double digits -- above zero.

And yet there are these crazy people in warmer climes just dreaming of a White Christmas.

Thank God my sister is one of those crazy people. With a short-term memory of Wisconsin winters.

As a last-minute Christmas gift from my saint of a brother-in-law, my oldest sister is flying up from Texas in time for our Hedberg family get-together this weekend. Welcome to our White Christmas nightmare!

Actually, I am thrilled about her short-term memory -- and that she can make the trip up. As our first Christmas without Dad, I just feel this need to have us ALL together. Plus, it will be good for my mom to have someone at the house with her to try to keep her in the spirit. Or comfort her if she isn't.

This will be good. Very good.

I just have to remind my forgetful sister to remember a winter hat and gloves this year. Oh, and a jacket would be good. I'm not saying she forgot all of those things last year. I'm just saying she made sure to pack her flip flops.

In December.

To go to Wisconsin.

Yup. Can't wait until I am old enough to dream about a White Christmas -- and actually still want it when I am awake!

No comments: