Monday, March 10, 2014

5-4-3-2-1


For the second day in a row -- and I am sure it won't go beyond that -- I was able to take a walk outside. Without a jacket!

The numbers above, however, do not represent a countdown to spring. Or the inch-by-inch melting of snow today. They actually reflect an upcoming transition. Sadly.

We were blessed with a sunny high temp of 54 today. But it will then dip to 43 tonight and a high of 32 tomorrow, then a wickedly chilly high of 21 on Wednesday. Yup typical Wisconsin. Short pants on Monday and parka on Wednesday.

While we wait patiently for spring, my body is waiting to find that lost hour from Sunday. I am being mocked in my own household for admitting that "Daylight Savings has kicked me in the arse!" I mean it happens every year but apparently I adjust to it as well as we do to winter.

Have you noticed the adjustment to spring is far more enjoyable? If you like cruel jokes, that is.

We breathe in the fresh, crisp air but don't believe for a minute that it really is a new season. We know that Old Man Winter's other shoe will surely drop.

And I guess the weather forecasters have validated that once again. Just like I know from past experience I will eventually recapture those 60 minutes of snooze.

I might as well start now... In 5-4-3-2-1...


No comments: