Sunday, March 2, 2014

And the Oscar Goes to...


I am somewhat of an awards-show junkie. I like the Emmys, Golden Globes, Grammys, Screen Actors Guild Awards and, of course, the Academy Awards (a.k.a. The Oscars).

The Oscars are a special exception. Why? Because I am the least prepared or knowledgeable going into them. For the Emmys, Globes and SAG, they include some TV shows I am familiar with at least. Grammys are touch and go. But consistently I rarely, and I mean rarely, have actually seen the movies nominated for top honors.

I consider the Oscars a guidebook of the 5 movies I should probably rent in the next year. Or make that 9. Yup, there are 9 movies nominated for Best Picture. How have I not seen any of them on the big screen (or even little screen)? I need to get out more.

For now, I will watch a while just to see if any actors and actresses I like win anything. And see if Ellen is as entertaining as usual. Since I am not rooting for any particular movie, I am OK with not staying up past my bedtime.

Plus I am full from a yummy supper and tired from some "organizing" today. Did you know I folded and organized about 30 hooded sweatshirts and only found 2 that I can part with? But that's a problem (and a blog) for another day.

You can see why I am exhausted.

I also sneaked in a couple hundred pages of The Book Thief. Now that's a movie I do plan to see -- on some size screen -- when I can!

Oops. Time to go. Enjoy the show...


No comments: