Friday, March 28, 2014

Photographic Memory


Do you remember that one year when spring actually came? After driving to work through some occasional black ice situations, I decided to conjure up some images of spring... just so I could remember what it was like!

It worked.

I recall Sylvester loves to watch the world out the window come to life -- not to mention feeling the fresh air! I love the sound of soft rain and seeing the pretty flowers. And, of course, enjoy any day possible at the baseball diamond -- preferably not having to wear a parka!

It seems Mother Nature is getting in the mood, too.

High temps in the upper 30s today, creeping to the 40s on Saturday and, gasp, somewhere in the 50s Sunday. Not quite dating weather for Mr. Deck Chair and me.

Surprisingly, I did find a spring in my step, though. My next-door neighbor Niki called me at 6 to see if I wanted to go see a band tonight at The Ridges, where I had just dropped Carter off to work. The band wasn't starting until 9 (almost past my bedtime) but I said yes.

Glad I did. Road Trip is an awesome band!


I guess you'd just refer to them as a "cover band" but they did a superb job of covering every type of song from The Go-Go's to Lady Gaga and from Motley Crue and Miranda Lambert to Daft Punk. WE knew every song. They were crazy good.


And Niki and I got crazy tired and sweaty from dancing. And it was great. Actually stayed 'til after 12:30 a.m. Didn't necessarily want to go then but morning comes early around these parts.

Too bad spring doesn't follow suit.


No comments: