Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What Happens...

I'm beginning to understand the slogan: "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas." Not because I am doing anything wild and crazy while I help out at a conference, but because there are things you wouldn't believe unless you saw them for yourself.

Or unless someone took pictures.

Here's me trying something new...


Sushi!! I have to admit I did try it last year and could only gulp down one mouthful. I just couldn't get past the words "eel juice" listed as an ingredient on the menu. This year, though, I tried one that had no eel (sounds like a Christmas carol) and was more citrus-y with some cream cheese. Pretty tasty. I had not one, but two!

And I am obviously becoming a master with the chopsticks. I've learned that if I can't pick something up with them in two tries, just stab the food and pick it up that way! Anything goes in Vegas.

To prove my point...


When was the last time you saw cup holders in a bathroom stall? Had to laugh right out loud at the fact it was there. And the apparent design for a two-fisted drinker. Yup, anything goes in Vegas.

Including me staying up past my bedtime every night. Most of my conference is wrapped up now and it will only go 'til noon tomorrow. Then it will be time to say goodbye, hop on a plane and land back in Wisconsin before midnight.

Won't be blogging on Wednesday. You won't miss much as we all will be missing (together) the Pep Rally for the state-bound girls basketball team and a pre-season baseball meeting about a season that may not arrive for awhile.

I'll catch up with you Thursday when I can tell you all about the day in Green Bay, cheering on our Lady Royals... assuming what happens at state doesn't have to stay there!



No comments: