Friday, March 7, 2014

Lucky Seven


The 7th of March is always a lucky day. We celebrate my #1 stepson's birthday. Hard to believe Casey turned 23 today. Wow. He has grown into a fine young man!

It's probably lucky, too, that his birthday falls on a Friday this year. I guess that constitutes a whole birthday WEEKEND, right? I imagine living in a college town that he can make that happen.

Other lucky (or at least positive) signs today...

Saw some puddles -- which means warmer temperatures! Not going to say too much to jinx it. Officially, we got up to 36 today. The first day above freezing since I don't know when. We'll take it.

Today was the beginning of the popular Lenten season Friday fish fries, too. Hubby was officially trained last week and will be part of the kitchen crew at his church, St. Lawrence, which serves every Friday night during Lent.

Today his shift was 4-8 p.m. Since Carter needed to be to work at 5, I left work a bit early, picked him up at home and got him there. Turns out both my guys were doing dishes tonight. One for pay and one out of the goodness of his heart. What did I do? Not dishes.

After dropping Carter off, I came home and did not do dishes nor dirty any. Had a toasted bagel with Nutella then headed into town to the school for the other fun part of the day.

Regional basketball playoff continued for high school girls tonight. Our Lady Royals beat Marshfield Columbus by another dominating score: 60-20. Tomorrow night they will play for the Regional championship against Loyal. Now that will be a tough matchup! Should be fun to watch.

After the game, I picked up Carter from work. Jim had made it to the game for part of the second half but after putting in all that hard work in the kitchen, I sent him home. Was happy we were all home by 10 so we can get some sleep!

The weather was so nice today I may not even need my mattress pad turned on.

Just kidding. Of course it's on.

But I may be able to sleep without socks!


No comments: