Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Words With Friends


In honor of my mother's 82nd birthday, I have to share these puns. She has always been clever with her words and got a kick out of these when I read them to her over the phone tonight...


Good stuff, right? I tend to save up good pun jokes to tell her now and then. It's just good to hear her laugh.

I ended up calling her pretty late (for us old-timers) because I was sharing words with friends... not puns, necessarily. It was our first night of book club. OUR book club.


Remember I told you awhile back my friend Christine and I were looking to start a club? Well we had 8 members at our inaugural meeting of the Face To Facebook Club tonight discussing The Book Thief. I am not going to divulge the story line or ending of the book, but it rated a 4.8 on our 5-point scale. We highly recommend it.

That's pretty much all I can say. What happens at book club stays at book club... Well, except for our public recommendations and any personal thoughts I might have on the current book.

Since it's late, though, you'll be spared this time. (Whew. Right?) I really need to take my cough medicine and see if I can be quiet just once today!

I'll let you know tomorrow if THAT story has a happy ending.





No comments: