Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bowling Ain't for Sissies



Bowling ain't for sissies. Just ask that elderly couple down the hall -- Mr. & Mrs. Austin -- who rolled out of bed this morning with creaks and groans. Oh my ailing back... hips... shoulders...

Yup. We are out of keggling shape!

I realize part of that is that fact that we bowl only twice a year. The other major part is that we bowled FOUR games -- with no rest (so we could make that basketball game)! So now we suffer but we soldier on like the troopers and embarrassed complainers that we are.

And managed to make the most of the beautiful "sprung forward" day.

Had to work awhile this morning. Have a guy covering a high-class car show down in Florida for one of our magazines, so I had to post photos online as he took them and emailed them to me. Had to do that awhile yesterday and Friday night, too. Just glad I didn't have to drive over to Iola to do it!

For "home" work today, I finished that coat closet and moved onto the bathroom cabinets -- above and below the sink -- which yielded another full garbage bag. Whoo-hoo!

Loaded up the CRV with five "to donate" bags Planned to drop them off at the Bethesda Thrift Shop in the mall, but when I got there, they were closed. Should have checked their schedule first. Oh well. As long as I was out, I got grocery shopping done anyway.

After I got supper in the oven tonight, I went for a half-hour walk. It was so nice to smell and feel the fresh 40-degree air. And it was daylight AFTER 5 p.m. Nice. Saw plenty of yellow snow in our neighborhood so I know the dogs (and their owners) have been wave braver than me in this cold winter!

I was just glad to get outside and put some muscles on this old bag to work. Obviously, my body has been splitting time between sitting and sleeping and I haven't been able to spare the time to strike up any energy for exercise.

At least I've kept my mind out of the gutter. As for the gut, let's not go there...


No comments: