Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Back

After driving to work in the snowfall this morning, I wondered if spring would ever get here. The answer is no. And you can blame my southern sister Rayna.

The past few years, she has created a beautiful calendar highlighting some of her best photographs. We siblings are the lucky ones who get these as Christmas gifts and are reminded year-round of family (whose birthdays are featured like holidays).

This year, however, she neglected to include spring.

See? It's blank on March 20th! And, upon further inspection, if you look at June, she didn't include summer either. So I guess we'll just sit here in the Northwoods, suffering from spring fever.

Endlessly.

I guess I can't point all fingers south. While it's easy to have someone to take the fall, we know the factual reality of winter around here. It looks something like this:


That day in March... Yup, we just had it.

So I did not need to see that snow falling today nor drive through it. Did not need to see that forecast of below-zero temperatures tonight.

Did not need to see that blank space on the calendar.

The good news is that I have a week to fill it in!



No comments: