Sunday, March 30, 2014

Open, Sesame!


It was a magical day in central Wisconsin. And I'm not just saying that because I was on drugs...


Yup, had my fill of grass and crack today. Little by little the front and back yards are reappearing (along with little lakes). And I didn't just crack the windows open. I pushed them up all the way! Open, sesame! Come into the house, Fresh Air!

We ended up with a high of 59 degrees today and sunny, sunny, sunny. Oh, and windy. That's the part that prevented the date with Mr. Deck Chair. Could not quite feel the warmth.

I had a productive day, though. Carter and I were up for 8 o'clock church. Stopped to get a few groceries afterward, then came home on a mission. Different kind than yesterday. Today was getting things done around here.

As a pro-bono freelance job, I volunteered to design graduation party invitations for one of my "daughters." Finished that up by noon (quite pleased if I do say so myself), then hit spring-cleaning mode.

Washed some windows (inside and out) and set to work in the basement, trying to de-clutter and clean up the TV/game room and ping-pong/toy storage room. Felt like I got a lot done even though there is a ways to go. Have to get back at it after I blog, but needed to sit down. The thing about cleaning is that you find yourself standing a lot. Must be why I don't do it much. (Ha, ha)

Was glad I did get outside for nice walk. I will not completely ignore a beautiful day nor take it for granted. In case you didn't see the forecast, we'll be back to highs in the low 30s with chances of snow in a few days.

We might need to find some different drugs to legalize. I know there ain't no cure for the summertime blues, but what about springtime?

In search of doctor to make house call!


No comments: