Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Voice :: Unplugged


A funny thing happened on the way to Vegas... I haven't lost any money yet, but I did lose my voice already. No gambling involved.

It was strange. Despite the fact I got up at 3 a.m. Saturday to catch my flight out of Green Bay, I felt fine. Then, as were descending into Las Vegas, I suddenly got this annoying little cough. By later in the day, my voice was close to gone.

This morning, it was worse. I felt OK but sounded like a heavy smoker or some showgirl with a sexy raspy voice. I didn't have a runny nose or cold-like symptoms, just the squeak. Unfortunately, today was the registration for the conference I am helping at and I had a lot of talking to do greeting people, explaining the schedule, events and so on.

My volume fluctuated and sometimes went to mute.

Typically, back at home, the guys say I am using "The Voice" when I merely am trying to make a stern point. Well, stern but impatient point.

Poor Daddy and Carter, here The Voice finally has been unplugged and they don't get to reap the benefits.

I am hitting the hay early tonight so I can hopefully sleep it off -- whatever "it" is. Three more days of work to be done and this was not on our agenda! Plus I need to be able to cheer at the state basketball tournament upon my return!

I guess what happens in Vegas really will stay in Vegas. I, for one, won't be talking about it.



No comments: