Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring-Loaded

I don't suppose we can blame the extended winter on some sort of computer glitch. Perhaps a delayed Y2K?


Now I DO believe it! With lows around minus 20 to minus 25 in these here parts, I will believe anything. And, of course, continue to realize it is all out of our control. So I really should shut up about it, right?

As my twin sister put it today, winter is just wearing us down. And that I do believe!

One thing that did put a spring in our step today was parent-teacher conferences. We weren't too concerned since Carter made Honor Roll the first semester, but he does have his struggles. His teachers confirmed that.

While Carter's grades are not perfect, he did receive high praise for his behavior, attitude and charm. Now we just have to cure his test-taking woes, and we're on the right path.

It seriously is comforting and encouraging to hear -- and know that we as his parents can take at least half the credit. Right?

I'll guess we'll stick with what we can control. Somehow, though, I don't think we can control a teenager much more than Ol' Man Winter. One can give us a cold shoulder but the other can certainly make us chilled to the bone.

I prefer the short-lived cold shoulder. I've got lots of hoodies to wear for that!


No comments: