Thursday, March 27, 2014

Four Seasons Hotel


I can't remember if I've shared this before or not. Seems quite appropriate with the rain pouring outside my window, waiting to turn to sleet and snow before bedtime.

This also could be why my body can't decide if it has a winter cold, spring allergies or summer hay fever. It's just going to keep coughing 'til it figures something out, I guess.

I felt like I was bringing a portable pharmacy to work today with my cough drops, other lozenges to be taken once every 4 hours, my mucous-loosening pills and throat spray. You know what actually helped? The Soothing Throat Tamer tea. Seriously, that is what it is called. I think it's normally for bedtime, but I managed to alternate it with coffee to stay alert at work.

Will have to have another cup shortly. I was planning to get together was some friends tonight but have quarantined myself for the evening. I just can't get this cough under control. And, frankly, my body hurts. Ever get back aches or stomach muscle aches from coughing too much? Not fun.

What is fun is watching the Badgers doing well in the NCAA tourney. They're ahead at halftime. I think I'll sip my medicinal tea and catch the second half. 

Would much rather see that than sit around watching that darn snow fall, wouldn't you?

Still wondering if I can keep my date with Mr. Deck Chair this weekend...


No comments: