Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fat Tuesday (the Tamed Version)

The scale reminded me this morning that it was Fat Tuesday. Not to be confused with Fat Monday, of course. That goes without saying.

Typically, the purpose of Fat Tuesday is to fatten up on all our guilty pleasures before we deny ourselves for the 40 days of Lent. Since I didn't want to start out too far in the Mardi Gras hole, I had a tame day.

In fact, the only thing Fat about my Tuesday was the margin of victory our Assumption girls basketball team had over Granton in round one of the regional playoffs. In all fairness, the matchup wasn't exactly fair, but they always pit the #1 and #8 seeds against each other in the first round. Logically, it would have been more honorable to just give our Lady Royals a bye instead of putting Granton through the pain of a 65-14 loss.


I took some video tonight of the Pep Band playing as the girls start their warmups. I apologize for the shaky camera work. In the first seconds I do want to point out that as our team enters the gym, they are jumping up to touch the retired #22 jersey of Kiley (Flugaur) Hackl for luck.

Kiley, a member of the AHS winning state team in 1998 (and former babysitter for our big boys), died a year ago this week.

Here is the video:



Since the game was so lopsided, there wasn't much to stop the clock in the second half. It was basically done in an hour. That's good since we could come home and give Carter a few extra minutes to do homework.

And give me too many minutes to contemplate something really fattening on Fat Tuesday.

Think we'll stick with hot tea and a warm bed.

(I know. I won't earn any beads THAT way!)





No comments: