Friday, January 29, 2016

Fat Tuesday :: Take 2



According to the real 2016 American calendar of events, Fat Tuesday will fall on Feb. 9. By then it will be the third one we've celebrated around here. First we had MY Fat Tuesday the day before my come-to-Jesus meeting with the scale at Weight Watchers.

Today they had the German version of Mardi Gras at Assumption. The middle and high school German classes made doughnuts for the students, teachers and staff to celebrate Fasching. That's their word for it. While they have carnivals on a large scale over in Europe, the kids settled on deep frying little biscuits then injecting them with sweet jelly. Probably rolled them in sugar, too. I don't know. Carter informed me there were absolutely no leftovers!

I guess they were good then! Probably best I am not tempted anyway.


As for me, I thought it was called Fashion day – not Fasching – so I fashioned up a Fat Tuesday outfit. See how good I am at Weight Watchers already? I no longer eat ice cream. I wear it. Though it was almost tempting to lick my shirt.

No, it really wasn't. If I wanted that dry taste, I'd have another bowl of Fiber One cereal. Whoo-hoo!  No one parties like me – on either side of the ocean.

Happy Fasching!

No comments: