Thursday, January 7, 2016

Recipe for Disaster


One doesn't plan to gain the Festive Five (or so) over the holidays. It just happens. Like the sun rises. Like ice cream melts in the summer. Like rain turns to ice in the winter. Like the Vikings lose Super Bowls...

It just happens.

Even though I went to work rather than staying home (aka couch-bound) for 2 weeks, I could feel it in progress. I know you think I'm exaggerating but when you're 5-foot-nothing, you can go from zero to muffin top in less than 10 pounds. That's for sure. So yes, I really could feel it. When your "fat jeans" get a bit snug and you wish you could wear sweats or nice yoga pants to work. When that second chin plays peek-a-boo, just threatening to make an appearance.

Yup, I knew I was fluffing up. I also knew I was "totally going to get back on track in January." (Just a quote from last year and the year before that and the year before...)

Naturally, I had, er have, sincere intentions! Still, the only way to move forward is to remove the obstacles blocking your path. No matter what the sacrifice.


Now I can't completely place blame with others. But ... when my friend Kim shared this recipe with me last Saturday, I said, "Looks great. You should make those and share!" Darned if she didn't talk her hubby into making them and providing them for the Youth Bake Sale at church on Sunday.

You know I'm a sucker for a good cause. So I walked out of there with $5 worth of Andes Mint Whoopee Pies. That's all you need to know.

All week, my fellow dedicated dieters (wait, that's insulting to lump them in the same category as me, sorry) have been making good choices. I keep saying, "I'll get started as soon as I get the good stuff out of the house." The burden was on me. I had to eat them. I mean I, me, Robyn. I had to. Robyn does not SHARE Andes Mint anything!

Well, it was a daunting task, but I'm pleased to report I just polished off the last pie tonight. Whoopee! Now I can get started!

I can just look at this photo for inspiration...


And as a distraction from wondering if I need to "get rid of" those 3 cartons of Schwan's Peppermint Stick Ice Cream sitting lonely, abandoned in the freezer in the garage.

Another tasty recipe for disaster.


No comments: