Friday, January 15, 2016

Getting Back on the Wagon


I'm looking for balance in my life. Does this count?

When I had my 6-8 weeks of cough, cold and sinus infection fun in November and December, the least of my concerns was getting to kickboxing class. Even on the "easier" days when we just did strength and resistance training. Just wasn't up to it.

Since I recovered my health, I've discovered that once you fall off the wagon, it is really hard to get back on the wagon, especially when you have extra weight to hoist up.

But I made it to a few classes last week and when I showed up on Wednesday night as the only person at class, I got a personalized beating, aka hell session, aka this is what happens when you skip class too long.

Honestly, it is crazy how quickly you can fall out of shape when you fall out of rhythm. Especially the older we get. Not that I am feeling a day over 47 1/2. So I promised my Drill Sergeant I would make it back to class. Every. Stinkin'. Day.

So even though we were home late from hoops last night, I still got up for 5:40 a.m. class today. Then, feeling like I should really take the plunge on everything, I went in early to work to attend a Weight Watchers meeting. Do I get points for good intentions? Because when I got there, I found out the meetings are on Wednesdays, not Fridays, so I have already missed the first 2 sessions of the 128-week program. Or maybe it's 15 weeks? I can't recall.

Does this mean I have a free pass to ride on or off or beside the wagon until next Wednesday?

Since Carter just finished his engineering class, I have assigned him his first project...
Desperate times call for desperate measures! Of course when I asked him to "engineer" it, his response?

"I don't work for free... but sure."

Oh, this wagon train is one long ride already.






No comments: