Saturday, January 16, 2016

Travel Mug


When you actually get up early for kickboxing / strength class, you can accomplish a lot in a day.

It sure helped my lazy butt that it was a 7:45 a.m. class and not 5:40 a.m. Still, I had to stay right on schedule as I had a few things to do.

After class, I raced home (within the speed limit of course), took a 90-second shower and got dressed quickly so my neighbor Cindy could pick me up and we could make it to Book Club by 9:30 a.m. Yes, it is possible to do that. If one doesn't mind having hair pulled up in a post-workout pony tail all day.

Had a good conversation at From the Ground Up coffee house about the book Our Souls at Night. There were 7 of us there so that was awesome. The only one missing was on her way to Florida. I guess we can excuse that. Always nice to see everyone. And enjoy great coffee, of course. Eggnog Latte was yummy!

From there, it was a like a coffee house tour as Cindy and I headed to Plover for some Jamberry fun. This was my first visit to Mission Coffee House on Post Road. Usually I drive right past it because my destination is King Cone. Don't have to worry about that in the winter. Plus, Mission sells ice cream, too!


I know what you're thinking. The answer is no, I did not have any ice cream. Instead, treated myself to a Nutcracker Latte, which was an almond-hazelnut combo. Very good and nicely served (top photo). Our friend Sarah did a little gel nail demo, which was cool, and Cindy and I were pretty much back on Blue Jay Drive by 1 p.m.

The Assumption boys had another hoops game today so Jim caught a ride with some other parents and went to that while I was gone. After a tough loss last night, I was glad to hear our Royals pulled off a win down in Wisconsin Dells.

Fueled by caffeine, I had a pretty productive afternoon, doing laundry with Carter, tackling my Saturday chores, plus some freelance work. Wanted everything done so I could watch a little football. Just had to torture myself and watch the Packers. That was quite the game. Now just about everyone I know is in the "off season," so maybe life can return to normal.

Not that any of us know what normal is. But if it involves warm drinks at coffee houses on a cold winter's day, I'm all for it. Especially since tomorrow will be colder and the drinks will need to be warmer.

Better get my travel mug ready. Cheers to normal. Do I dare say skol?

No comments: