Sunday, January 24, 2016

One In A Full Moon

After shutting off the house lights before bed last night, I was surprised how light it was outside. Yes, the days are getting longer, but not that long. Sure enough, the full moon was crazy bright out. Just the right combination of a cloudless sky above and white snow below to give the "luster of midday to objects below," as they say.

Naturally, I had to take a few quick pictures! These are with my phone so they are super grainy, but you get the idea.


Love how it was casting shadows on the snow! Really was as bright as daylight out. Glad I was up late enough to enjoy it.

And since I didn't have to get up for early church today, I got enough sleep, too! We had our annual meeting today between services, so I went to that, then the late service, then a potluck lunch. Got home before any football started, so took a 2-mile walk with my neighbor. No sun today but also no wind, so it was much more pleasant than yesterday.

Then I sat down.

I couldn't really justify 6-8 hours on the couch watching football, when I really didn't care who won. So I sort of justified it by multi-tasking...

What? These box tops don't trim themselves! If I was wondering if I am getting enough fiber in my diet, I needn't worry. Most of the orange labels are from Fiber One cereal boxes. Ha.

Who said getting old was easy?

Somehow, I still found myself on my backside watching the Broncos-Patriots game. That stayed close and was pretty good. I managed to get some laundry started before game no. 2. Sat down and didn't even get comfortable before the Panthers were up 17-0. Now that is not worth my time. I'll check in later on that one.

Unless I find another project to keep me multi-tasking. I suppose I could cut labels off soup cans.

But that would make it tough the next time we need soup and we don't know what kind it is. Guess I may have to stick to the single task of couch sitting. That happens once in a full moon...







No comments: