Saturday, January 9, 2016

White Un-Christmas



When I told Sylvester I had to take down the Christmas tree soon, she gave me that look like, "Don't even think about it." So I gave her a reprieve until today.

And wouldn't you know it, we finally woke up to a white Christmas-type day. Over all the icy, slushy stuff that has been wreaking havoc on the drive the last few days lay a fresh layer of powder. As much as I was hoping to be productive around the house, I figured the shoveling better come first.


The snowblower is still awaiting a part, so somebody had to remove the white stuff manually. Here's Mr. Stink Bug and me looking at the pretty scenery and wondering whose turn it is to shovel. Not his, I guess.

I was pleasantly surprised the temperature felt mild, by Wisconsin standards, and the snow was quite light and fluffy. This was good. Since I skipped my strength class today, I could get a workout (without hurting my back) plus get some steps on the Fitbit. It turned out not to be much of a calorie burner as Carter relieved me at one point and Jim finished the job.

The Stink Bug did nothing. And since I was so concerned about getting a photo, he lived to tell about it. I'm just not sure where right now. Eww.

After the shoveling, undressing the tree (with kitty closely supervising) and un-decking the halls, I got my Saturday chores done and hit the shower shortly after noon. Didn't have anywhere we had to be today but we wanted to catch the Assumption boys basketball game. (We watched the girls beat Pittsville last night.)

Once in awhile for nonconference games, they play on Saturdays. So Elk Mound came down to Rapids. Got to see both the boys JV and Varsity games. The JV team won with a buzzer-beater 3-pointer to tie, followed by a successful free throw. Exciting. The Varsity team lost by close to 20. Ouch.

From there, Carter went to work and Jim and I came home. He went to church tonight since he'll be gone tomorrow and I sat on the couch and knocked off another Hallmark Christmas movie. I think I am down to just 2 left in DVR storage bank.

I guess I'm a bit like kitty. I'm not ready to let Christmas go just yet.

But winter... you can hit the road any time.

No comments: