Sunday, January 17, 2016

Limited Exposure



When the temperatures are not expected to get above zero, there's no sense in going anywhere you don't have to. You should limit your exposure to the great outdoors.

I thought of that as I lay in my toasty, warm bed this morning and knew it was double digits below zero outside. But both hubby and I got up and went to church. The late service this time "so it would be warmer," I told myself.

Yikes. A bit nippy out.

After church and once Carter got home from a friend's, we were all homebound for the day. The sun was shining brightly, but that was one big tease. I don't know what the high got up to today – it was projected to reach minus 8 – but you can see tonight's forecast is a low of minus 17. Uff da. Glad my blankie has been on for hours!

Since I didn't have any place to go and didn't want to, I spent a good chunk of the afternoon organizing things for Carter's school scrapbook. Camp Crop-A-Lot is a month away but I thought I better start figuring out what photos I need printed. Using my blog as a reference point, I think I have the order I will need to do pages in the book and what photos I will need.

Now, between my camera, my phone, my computer and even Facebook, I've got to track them down so I can order prints in the next few weeks. If I am lucky enough to have another "cold day" in, I might just want to get started on scrapping instead of waiting until that weekend. There are a lot of pages to get done! I have the second half (or so) of his junior year to finish plus senior year up to now. It doesn't sound like much but consider First Day of School, fall marching band, cross country, state, homecoming band and dance, concerts, all-conference band, pep band, prom, solo and ensembles, baseball maybe, spring concert, memorial day programs, etc. Plenty of photos to find. Plenty of pages to do. Thankfully, I have all the programs, tickets, brochures, etc., saved in the appropriate "Junior Year" and "Senior Year" containers. It helps that I am organized in at least some aspects of life!

My other project today was keeping the house warm. I had three dark bananas just hanging there, saying, "We're cold! Please make banana bread out of us!" I had to oblige.

Do you know what disappears faster than the Vikings playoff hopes?


Fresh and WARM banana bread! I won't tell you how many minutes after they came out of the oven I took this picture. But if you've ever had fresh-baked bread of any kind, you have the general idea. It wasn't long!

But it was so good!

As my reward, I stole the couch and the remote for the evening and watched Cinderella, the non-animated Disney movie made in 2015. This is what happens when we have free movie channels for a month and the football games are done for the day. It was a good movie. Obviously no spoiler alerts. The story has been re-done a few times. I enjoyed this one, though. And it was nice to relax.

Under a blanket, of course.

Gotta keep moving from one warm spot to the next! Think I'll make it from my office across the hall to my bed in record time. Unless I make a detour the kitchen. Just to check on that banana bread. Make sure it's warm enough...


No comments: