Friday, January 22, 2016

Ginormous Jonas


In the upper Midwest, we are always relieved when a major winter storm tracks to the south a bit. In fact, when they name so many of the storm systems these days, it's hard to know which ones are major, which are minor and which are ginormous.

I guess Jonas is ginormous.

It just happens that about 200 employees from my company were in Nashville for the week for a conference. (Scratch that. ARE in Nashville.) I mean, who wants to travel to Wisconsin in January? Who knew we'd be enjoying quite a mild day with temps in the upper 20s here while they are stuck in the Music City. And it is out of tune.

Apparently because it iced up first, then snow started falling at a rate of an inch an hour today, the city shut down. It's not because they are wimps. They just don't have the equipment to handle that much snow. When two city salt trucks overturn before 6 a.m. then it probably makes sense the city is in a state of emergency.

I believe they project flights to resume Sunday so our workers will be back in time to be in the office Monday. If they don't starve first. With only emergency personnel allowed to report to work, there is no place for them to eat and I am sure the hotel vending machines were cleared out by mid afternoon. Hope they all survive OK.

Personally, if I was snowed in somewhere for 3 days, I'd go by this radar map...


Isn't that awesome? Just makes me want to go to bed right now and pretend I have no place to be all weekend.

Since that is mostly true, I guess I could knock off at least one book. Just to show my support.

In the meantime, move along, Jonas. Move along.





No comments: