Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Shaking and Sandbagging

Sandbagging: A tactic used to hide or limit expectations of a company's or individual's strength in order to produce greater than anticipated results. Sandbagging, in business, is most often seen when company managers temper the expectations of superiors or shareholders by giving guidance below what they know will be achieved. Once the better than expected results are presented, the firm looks all the better.


I read somewhere that "to get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."

So I thought for some quick weight loss I would try one of those "shake diets." Went out to Arby's at lunch to get the St. Patrick's edition Andes Mint-Chocolate Shake. It was as good as it looks! I can see how people can stick to these shake diets without any problem!

What do you mean this is the wrong kind of shake? I am sure there is some protein in there. A little, maybe?

Yep, I'm as pathetic as they come. But that's only a temporary status. I hope.

I declared today my Fat Tuesday. Three weeks early, yes, but as my plan goes, today an Andes Shake, tomorrow, Weight Watchers. Get it while I can, right? Some may call it sandbagging. I prefer to think of it as my final fluff-up, my last hurrah... for awhile.

Because I am pathetic and not right in the head, I have this notion that the extra, last-minute fluff will come off first and fast and easy. Anybody else ever think like that or do I truly need to be institutionalized? I'm sure at least one of you has thought, well I might as "well eat this now because I'm going on a diet starting Monday" or "I can be lazy now because I'm starting a new workout routine come New Year's."

Please, please, say I'm not the only one!

Naturally, thinking along those same dysfunctional lines, I had to finish off a few potential pitfalls in the kitchen. Don't want any dietary distractions after the clock strikes 12 tonight!

For now I have 3 more hours of My Fat Tuesday. I better stay focused. Find those treats, er traps!

Wish me luck.



No comments: