Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Gas-X


As far as I'm concerned, the best way to relieve gas pains is to lower the price at the pump.

I know you were worried I was going to talk about gas because I had broccoli for lunch. No need to fret. I won't go there.

I was just excited tonight to see petrol prices plunging. Relatively speaking.

Apparently, the last time it was this low was 2009. But it had been way up before that so it felt more like a temporary reprieve. Probably like now. But it was back when Carter was a baby that it started inching from the bottom up.

In December of 1999, when gas prices were at $1.34 a gallon, a AAA Wisconsin spokesperson said it ranked as "the highest price of the decade." Then, a few months later they made their way up to about where they are now and people were panicking – and understandably upset with the oil industry. One angry Cheesehead said, "They're insane. Americans are never going to survive at $2 for gas it's not foreseeable. It is not foreseeable."

It wasn't funny at the time, but it's kind of amusing now that we've survived that and so much more!

I just find it so ironic that after driving 100 miles a day for work the past 12 years that now that I have a 12-mile round trip commute, gas prices decided to decline. Just figures. I suppose I can't complain. I only have to fill up my tank about every other week! That's nice. I'll enjoy this while I can.

I also plan to choose something different for lunch tomorrow. In case you were wondering...




No comments: