Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A What Party?


Welcome to my Pity Party. Have a seat. There is plenty of room because no one enjoys hanging out with a crab-ass.

Did I just put the word crab-ass on the InterWeb? Uh-oh.

Honestly, I was a bit down today for no good reason. And by good, I mean realistic and reasonable in most "normal" people's minds.

One of my goals for Carter's party was to have his senior year scrapbook done – as close to current as possible. It seemed realistic when I was basically caught up after Camp Crop-A-Lot. Fastforward 3 months and I'm like, where did the time go? I still planned to give it an honest effort this week but then ran into a photo snafu at a certain business and that left me cranky and without photos until today. So it's unlikely I won't get those pages all done when the rest of the week is pretty booked. Will anyone care but me? Am I OK with that?

Not 100 percent.

Like the saying above indicates, I shouldn't ignore the fact that I have basically everything else set to go for the party – except the things I can't get until Friday or Saturday. I cannot be stressed or distressed about this scrapping business when some 80 or 90% of the pre-planning is good, right?

I guess I'm not lowering my expectations so much as I am raising my reality.

The reality is that I may not have every page done to document the last few months of his senior year. But the reality also is that I have spent as much time as I could in those months savoring moments with our senior.

I will try to keep that in mind before I slash those other tires.


No comments: