Saturday, May 21, 2016

Making Tracks



Had a busy day today, which I guess is normal for us, isn't it?

Got up early (for a Saturday) and to the high school by 8 a.m. to help with the Tracks for Tina 5K that is part of Assumption's Royal Event weekend. The run/walk is the fundraiser for my BFF's family, who created a scholarship a few years back in the name of her cousin Tina, who graduated from Assumption in 1992 and was murdered in 1994.

I usually design the t-shirt (above) and help out with race-day registration and anything else needed. Last year and this year I took pictures (surprise) for the event Facebook page, too. All 3 of us registered to run or walk it today but only Jim actually walked it while Carter and I did a little behind the scenes work. 

Later, after the family was done "thanking" their many sponsors by patronizing their places of business (read: adult drinking establishments), we joined the group for lunch at Tamarack's Pub, which I think was called Cheers when I first moved to town!


It was nice to spend a little time with my bestie Christine, who I just NEVER see since she lives out of town during the week. So it was great to see her and her wonderful family, who I consider an extension of my own!

Hubby and I also "made tracks" with a mini roadtrip down to Nekoosa to watch a little Assumption softball. I forgot that even though I've been to a few games this season, he hasn't because typically the baseball team is playing at the same time. It was a gorgeous day to be at the ballpark – or anywhere outside – that's for sure!

Had some freelance work to do this afternoon (indoors, pooh), but managed some sun time and a walk later with the neighbor. Even enjoyed a neighborly campfire tonight since it seems spring has finally arrived!

Will it last? Who knows? We'll take what we can get when we get it. We still have one more day of Royal Event festivities, though, so I hope the nice weather gets some track-tion.



No comments: