Monday, May 30, 2016

Season Ender, Season Opener


Memorial Day marks the last time ever Carter will perform with the Assumption High School Band. His for real, official swan song. So glad he finishes on such an important occasion, using his musical talent to pay tribute to fallen heroes.

Gorgeous day. Thankful for the breeze as it was 75 degrees at 11 a.m.





 Great crowd at Forest Hill Cemetery in Wisconsin Rapids!





Playing of Taps by Miss Thomas, Seamus, Nick and Tony. Very, very cool trumpet version!




 Final huddle!

The last time I'll have to force Carter and his buddy Olivia to pose for a band picture. They have been real troopers for the past 6 years!

After the program, most of the leftover family in town hit the road and hubby and I had a very short time to eat, sleep or watch TV. He did laundry and took a nap. I put on my Colin Reffner Racing Jamberry nails for the Memorial Day Race this afternoon. (Why yes, we do have a full schedule!)

Did I mention I am having an online Jamberry party right now? Let me know if you are interested. There is a Jam for every occasion!

My sister Rayna and brother-in-law Paul are in town for one more day so they joined us a the races to watch Colin. So hot, like 85 degrees, but had to wear my new Colin Reffner Motorsports t-shirt!

My scrap sistah Jenny was there, too. Figured we better get a selfie in before we melted.

Had a fun time. Was a bit warm and the results were not what CRM wanted – Colin finished 11th – but it's a starting point. Lots more racing to do.

We might just squeeze it into our schedule now. But tonight, I am just going to try to squeeze in that thing called sleep!

Going back to work tomorrow may seem relaxing. I should be able to do the party postmortem after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Took a nap? How do you put up with that much lazy?