Monday, May 23, 2016

Senior Moments :: The Final Final Countdown


This is it. Two finals down. Four to go. Then, so long senior year, high school, everything.

Too dramatic?

Honestly, this year went by so quickly for me, I am wondering if the seniors feel the same way. Suddenly, they are down to the final countdown with finals!

Carter got to sleep in a bit today and had finals for Religion and Physics. Tomorrow, it's a juxtaposition of finals in English and German, plus Calculus or Stats. And he wraps up his finals and secondary education with one test on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, I am trying to wrap up my work by end of day Wednesday, too, so I can have Thursday and Friday off to do final party prep. Let's just say I have a few extra things on my plate right now and none of them are cake.

Dang.

I was actually jealous of my sister and niece tonight because they are working the Beyonce concert at the Minnesota Gopher's stadium where we helped "work" during a Vikings game this winter. I thought, don't mind me, I'll just sit here watch The Voice on TV while my 61-year-old sister, who doesn't know a single one of her songs, has to suffer through it.

Maybe a bit jealous, but then I heard there was lightning at the outdoor concert so they had to evacuate. That was about 2 hours ago. Not sure if the concert is back on yet, but the radar looked ominous.


I'm not so envious after all. And really, Robyn, would you have had time to drive over to the Cities to help this week of all weeks? Not really.

For the record, if it had been Adele or a few other choice artists I really, really like, I would have made the trip!

I'm not the one with 3 finals tomorrow. Good luck to those who do!




No comments: