Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cinco de No Espaniol

Apparently there is a streak of holidays we observe for no particular reason. I do get a kick out of how much celebrating goes on for St. Patrick's Day by the non-Irish and Cinco de Mayo by the contingent who believes it's National Margarita Day.

Still, I had to get into the whiteboard spirit...


Areeba! Areeba! What? Who doesn't love Speedy Gonzalez? And if you are too young to remember, he was a stereotypical Hispanic cartoon character who was, well, very fast. Very speedy, more precisely. It was the best I could do for art today. Not sure they'd want a margarita depicted in my cubicle!

I did make up for it later.

The artwork, not the drinking!


If you can see through that glass, which I swear is merely part of the photo-editing app, the final score of today's baseball game was 15-0!

Oh, in favor of the Royals. AND after only 4 1/2 innings. Whoo-hoo! Or do we say ¡Muy bien!?
That means "very good." I remember that from Spanish class. Not much else.
Anyway, our rivals in other sports, Wausau Newman Catholic, came to town. Girls softball won their game 19-4 in a few innings. And our boys lit it up and won in less than 5 innings. Awesome work! We had great pitching and I witnessed not only our first home-game home run at Witter Field, but a Grand Slam to boot!

It was pretty exciting. Hopefully this will motivate the guys, who have 3 more games in the next 2 days. I did take a ton of photos tonight but am waiting for Carter's computer to be available for my upload. I may or may not have gotten a good one of your favorite coach. But how could I get a bad one?

(I may or may not be sucking up before Mother's Day.)

OK, time to log off and get some ice. Not for a margarita. For that darn "psychiatric" nerve that has flared up big time all week.

¡Dios mío!



No comments: