Friday, May 13, 2016

TGIF the 13th :: Stitious


I don't consider myself superstitious. Just a little-stitious. But when Friday the 13th rolls around, the level rises a bit.

Don't ask me why. Just feeding into the paranoia, I guess. Plus I am a teen of the '80s so I have a fear of Jason in a hockey mask showing up, especially when the Friday falls during hockey season. Uff da. I've got chills!

Thankfully all was normal for me today.

Went to work. Did not spill my coffee. Did not slip on my banana peel. Went safely to and from the chiropractor at lunch – but did notice a 3-car accident at the intersection of 8th and the Expressway in town. Hope everyone was OK.

After work, we grilled out for supper. No surprise explosions. (Or burnt food.) And Carter had a girl friend over, too. The world did not stop spinning when he died of embarrassment after I showed her a scrapbook. So we survived that catastrophe, thank you very much.

Had a calm evening creating Carter's "card box" for the graduation party and doing a quick grocery run to buy items for the Post Office food drive tomorrow. Nothing major. Nothing freaky. Now I just need to go to bed and hope I don't have dreams with Jason (or house bears) in them!

I'm still a little stitious about that.


No comments: