Monday, May 16, 2016

Age Appropriate


Oh gosh, I have a sister who turned 61 today and she just messaged me that she was just trying to text me "with the TV remote and it wasn't working."

Wow. I do not want to get old.

Well, I do, because it means I'm still around. I just don't want to get behind the times! I'm far enough behind as it is.

I'm sure my sister won't mind if I pick on her since I do that quite a bit already. She's one of those Packer fans I have to love because she's blood. Or maybe I just choose to overlook it and love her for being an amazing person! Now that runs in the family.

While I did rely on technology to text her and Facebook message birthday greetings to her, I actually mailed a card, too. I am keeping the streak alive. I have managed to mail a birthday card ON TIME to every sibling who's had a birthday this year!

OK. This was the first, but we will see if I can do better than other years when I get about halfway through June and the streak fades.

It has to be because I get lazy. Certainly not because I am getting old and forget.

Too bad there isn't some way to keep track of birthdays. Like you could write them next to a date on a wall or something. Wouldn't that be awesome technology?

Maybe the next generation will figure something out. I can't stay up late and think about it. It's almost past my bed time the way it is.

9:30... Lights out at the old folks' home on Blue Jay Drive.



No comments: