Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Red Sky at Night, Photographer's Delight

Red sky at night, sailors' delight.
Red sky at morning, sailors' warning.

Now this was a strange one. First it was perfectly sunny and almost 70 degrees today. Then it sprinkled a bit on and off in the afternoon and early evening. Then, about 8 p.m., the rain was coming down hard and steady... And the sky looked like this.


I took that from the back deck – in the rain! Like a pretty sunset, but not any sun near us.

From the front deck, I had this view...


Who knew the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was actually Carter's Honda Civic? Nice, huh?

It was raining when I took that picture, too. How strange! But cool.

I wish I hadn't been so engrossed in a project in my office so I could have noticed the unique skies sooner. But maybe it was just that short-lived. I do know that in town some people could see a double rainbow. That would have required me parking MY Honda at the end of that one! Probably best I didn't have to mess with that.

Also a good thing there were no baseball or softball games scheduled tonight for Assumption anyway. So no rain delays. Should be dry for Thursday's games (and 67 degrees) and Friday's will be played in perfect summer weather – 83 degrees and sunny, the forecast says now anyway.

I guess those April showers brought May flowers and May showers bring ... rainbows. Pretty sure with my two black thumbs I'd have just as much luck growing a pot of gold as flowers.

Dang. At least I can take pictures of them.


No comments: