Thursday, May 12, 2016

Bear With Me


I woke up this morning with my right fist clenched tight. In my dream right before my alarm a bear had sneaked into our house and was trying to break down the bedroom door. Even though the door itself was splintering under the attack, I was gripping the door knob, trying to turn it so the door would latch. And, obviously, keep out the bad bear.

Pretty sure I've mentioned before I often have psycho dreams.

Just for giggles, I did some digging to see what it might mean to have a bear show up in your dream in that fashion.

One interpretation said: To see a bear in your dream represents independence, strength, death and renewal, and/or resurrection. Bears are symbolic of the cycle of life. You may also be undergoing a period of introspection and thinking.

Now isn't the truth? I was just commenting the other night about upcoming graduation representing the circle of life!

Another interpretation said: The bear represents power, or a power imbalance. The use of power, such as in aggression or protection. Dreaming of this animal can represent: Having too much of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being less this way Not having enough of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being more like this. Someone or something in your real life with whom you associate one of these qualities (an event, situation, threat, etc.).

I think the power and protection aspect coincides with my fears about how I will protect my baby once he has flown the coop, emptied himself from the nest, escaped the bear den.

Then there's this interpretation: To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear denotes anger and uncontrolled aggression. You feel trapped. Perhaps you are in a threatening situation, some overwhelming obstacle or domineering and possessive relationship.

I'm pretty sure my overwhelming obstacle is coming to terms with having an adult in the house and a soon-to-be high school graduate. Uff da. What more can be said beyond uff da?!

And finally, the dream may also just be a pun on "bare." Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open. Or there is a situation where you just need to "grin and bear it."

Yup, accept the fact that this is happening. Your baby has grown up. And be proud of him, his accomplishments and his dreams for the future.

Let's just hope his dreams are a little more on the "normal" side!


No comments: