Thursday, May 26, 2016

How Rewarding

I was killing it today. If there was a reward for totally not staying on task, I earned it in spades.

OK. I had the day off. But because I didn't get to sleep until almost 2 a.m., I was not exactly jumping out of bed early to hit my party list of things to do. Then, I managed to avoid it.

How, you ask? Well, let's see... important things like getting a hair cut, going to the girls regional softball game (They won, but unfortunately our baseball team lost!), uploading and posting some 60 or so photos from that, talking to the neighbors... need I go on?

I did manage to dust – as in wipe that greenish-yellowish pollen off of EVERYTHING – and vacuum. Didn't get laundry done. And, even after 3 trips into town, I didn't get make it to Wal-Mart yet for my last-minute party purchases.

And do you know how I was rewarded?

Very sweetly!


Oh yes, this was posted tonight on the King Cone Facebook page:

The old saying goes "Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, and today is a gift, that why it's called the present." But tomorrow is no mystery, so here is your present, the King Cone Rapids location opens at noon tomorrow!!!! May 27th.

Ooooh, I like presents!

I guess I should set an alarm so I actually accomplish something to earn THAT reward tomorrow, eh?


No comments: