Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mamma Me, Awww

I love Mother's Day because pink is the color of the day – even if you have boys!


Love the sentiment behind this. It hasn't been a perfect journey the last 18 years but I wouldn't trade a minute of it because, well, I'm a MOM!

Since Carter's 18th birthday and Mother's Day only fell a week apart, I did not torture him with another mother-son photo. In fact, now that he's an adult, I left if completely up to him to note the occasion. There's still 3 hours to midnight.

OK, he did wish me well before going to play disc golf and then have his gal pal over. So I was thought of in there. Not ready for this new reality. Made sure I called my own mom even if I was 7th child serving as last caller of the day!

It was a great day, though.

Hubby made me Eggs Benedict for breakfast. I get that once a year on Mother's Day so that is a treat! Didn't quite make it to church because I had a design project to finish before tomorrow's band concert. When I was done with that, I ran to Wal-Mart to get a frame and realized it was gorgeous out.

Came home and took a 3-mile walk with the mother across the street. Then decided to get more fun in the sun by cutting away shrubs and branches and vines that have been growing and growing and blocking the stairway from the side yard down to the backyard. If someone were to take a picture, they would see a mother getting scratched up and sweating while a child may or may not have been laying in the sun nearby. Some irony there but I didn't ask for help. (I wanted it done my way, anyway.)

Went over to Jim's parents at 4 p.m. to eat pizza for supper and enjoy carrot cake for dessert. I was told Weight Watcher points are all zero on Mother's Day. Hope I had good intel on that. Either way, I was going to enjoy myself and I did!

Ironically, my mom said she also made a carrot cake this weekend. So no matter which mom I visited, I could have had my favorite cake. Great minds think alike!

Feel blessed to have them both (the moms, not the cakes) in my life. And blessed beyond measure to be a mom, stepmom and surrogate "I love your kids like my own" mom.

Hope your day was equally blessed!


No comments: