Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cookie Coma


One sure method of maintaining a food coma is an uninterrupted supply of nutrients... In whatever form is necessary.

Headed up to my twin's at 8 a.m. today to get to her place for lunch at noon, well 1 p.m., followed by the exchange of cookies, playing of games and continual consumption of calories. I couldn't succumb to a complete coma since I had to make the 4-hour trek back home tonight. But I gave it a good effort.


It started on the way up with a stop for breakfast at Hawkeye Dairy in Abbotsford. Why yes, there was a chilly wind blowing as I stood in front of the snow-topped ice cream cone with my Snowflake flavored ice cream! Pistachio with white chocolate-covered nuts and something something good. Breakfast of Champions, for sure!

Even though I was running behind schedule (in my opinion), I was still the first to arrive. No prize for that or longest distance traveled, but it was a reward to see everyone.

Twin Power!

Great participation this year as my sister Rayna now lives in Wisconsin so all 8 of us "kids" were under one roof at some point in the afternoon. After a good lunch, our mom had a word puzzle game for us. She is good about doing word scrambles and this year was a fill in the blank type sheet of November-related clues. I think our brains were irreversibly impacted by our food coma because it was quite a challenge!

After that, I introduced a new game called Pun-derdome. We've got plenty of punsters in our family. Just not that easy to come up with them when you're on the clock. It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it!

Then it was cookie time... we each had an overflowing pile. With 13 of us in the mix, we each brought – and took home – 12 dozen! Uff da. That'll keep the food coma in place a good week or two!

Got home about 9 p.m. and see that Santa's elf also got ME a recliner! Another tool for coma endurance.

Enjoy every bite of your holidays!


No comments: