Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Prep Cook, er Baker


It took me a minute today to realize this forecast image wasn't a joke. Figures that 2016 would play out this way. We spend our days in shirt sleeves then, bam! We get a snow storm!

Living in central Wisconsin, I am not too concerned about the snow. What I am concerned about is this forecast that prompted me to look at the calendar and realize Thanksgiving and our family cookie bake are already next week!

This also means our German boy has a birthday in a few weeks. Since shipping something to Lukas will take precedent, I got on that project right after work. Sort of multi-tasking since his favorite cookies will be appropriate for the Christmas cookie exchange as well. And the recipe calls for a lot of cookies.

And I mean a lot. I am shutting off the oven now after pulling out the pan with the 13th dozen on it. Oh yes, I don't mess around with holiday prep work!

Since I do need 8 hours of sleep, though, I put the remaining dough in the fridge and will polish off the last 5 or 6 dozen tomorrow night. And by polish off, of course I mean bake them. I have a new taste-tester in the house so I am not required to eat through all my inventory. Though, I did help a bit. Just to be sure I am on the right track.

I also got on track with Turkey Day prep. It's our turn to host the Austin side so I snagged a few deals at the store, knowing some items will not be in stock next when I think of them and need them.

The only down side with all this multi-tasking is that I just couldn't take it to the level of shopping, baking and watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. I know you're thinking that just because it's going to snow does not mean it's time for Christmas anything. And you know that I am thinking – that I need to prep my spirit.

Spending 4 hours on my feet wearing a flowered apron ain't gonna cut it.


No comments: