Saturday, November 19, 2016

Piling Up


Although we didn't think we'd get any of the white stuff, the local deer hunters got their prayers answered. Just enough snow overnight to easily see, shoot and track their prey on opening day.

And while the snow isn't exactly piling up, my list of things to do this weekend sure is.

Was busy working on a freelance project last night knowing I would have to work at my "real" job today. I still went to book club at 9 a.m. since I had to start the day off with coffee anyway. But I had to cancel my lunch and shopping date in Madison with my high school bestie. I shouldn't say cancel. We postponed for now.

These things happen once in a great while. Seriously, I have been fortunate that I have only had to work one or two weekends at my new job (well 18 months now) and never taken my work home. But a big project came up and has to be done before Thanksgiving. The cool thing about being in the office by yourself is that you can blast Christmas music and no one is around to be offended or roll their eyes that I was doing it before Turkey Day.

Got home at 6:30 p.m. and since I was in a Christmas mood, I did some more baking for the cookie bake. Tried something new and I kinda don't know what I am doing. But it's a two-step process so tomorrow I will see how the mystery items turned out.

Since I have so much to do, I multi-tasked, of course. Watched a Hallmark Christmas movie between taking treats out of the oven. Trust me. No energy for anything other than that. Definitely do not need to be on the computer for another minute today. Though I do have things to do and my sister reminded me that Christmas cards will go out soon. I have not given that one thought! I'll just throw that on the growing "to do" pile.

Think I need an 8-hour nap first.

Hope it was a successful day for those of you hunting for deer and those hunting for bargains – and for those poor friends and relatives of mine who actually had to shovel. All I needed was just a dusting to jump start my holiday spirit.

I'm good now. Thanks.

No comments: