Sunday, November 6, 2016

Done Saving Daylight

Happens every year, yet I cannot adjust to the end of Daylight Savings. The only bonus is that "extra" hour during the clock change, but that benefit doesn't last long.

What did you do with your gift of 60 minutes?

Personally, I slept right through it. I needed to finally catch up. But that gave me the rest I needed to take on the day. The very nice autumn day, I might add.

With temps in the 60s again, I opened the windows, let in the fresh air and got some more fall cleaning done. Today's highlight was washing rugs and mopping floors. Today's low-light was catching glimpses of the Vikings-Lions game. Uff da. Our SKOL had turned into a downward SKID. Yikes.

In the late afternoon we headed into town and met up with Jim's side of the family at Ida's for dinner. We were doing a pre-birthday celebration for my father-in-law, whose special day is Wednesday. Casey was in town so he joined us, Grandpa and Grandma Austin, and Jim's sister's family.

Afterward, we all went over to the in-laws' for cake and ice cream. Since Grandma didn't have the cake personalized, I Photoshopped a greeting in honor of my father-in-law's favorite baseball team! At least we had half the grandsons there. Hopefully, next gathering we have Carter and Clay with us, too.

Got home a little after 7 p.m. and I was ready for bed. I keep yawning but I am going to try to hold off actually getting into bed until 9 p.m. I don't exactly have the ambition to start another fall cleaning project.

Guess I can look around to see where I put all that Daylight we saved since spring. If you find it first, let me know!

No comments: